Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Toledo Zoo

Last week Jed had his fall break, so we decided to take a trip to the Toledo Zoo. It was so amazing. We have a membership to a museum (thanks Papa) that does the whole 'reciprocal' thing with the zoo, so it was free! 

We started the day out by going to the doctor to get flu shots, not so fun. We were running late and I was frantic, so I forgot my coat. Jed went back into the house to get it and brought out the nice fur coat, very fancy for the zoo.

Once we got to the zoo, things got better. Annie really liked it, despite documented photographic evidence, but no one liked it more than Jed. If he weren't already married, he would totally marry the Toledo Zoo! Don't get him started on the baby polar bears. :) But seriously, it was awesome. We went in the morning and all of the animals were so active. They were swimming and playing. It was great. And since we went on a Tuesday, it was so not crowded. The reptile house was beyond creepy. I hate snakes. They are just not natural. I was seriously almost having a panic attack. Besides that, it was really fun.

We ended the day by going to the doctor again. Truman had a little blood in his urine, so we went to check it out. We were at the doctor waiting for Truman to pee in a little bag to collect a urine sample, and I was giving him a little pep talk. I was saying, "Come on Truman. You can do it. Pee for Mommy." Annie said, "I can pee too." Then she paused and had a really concentrated look on her face. Then she said, "I did it!" She was very proud. It was hilarious. I think that might be a major sign she is getting ready for potty training. But I am not going to even venture there until after our 3 week vacation to Utah. I think that would mess her up totally.

Oh, and Truman is just fine.

All in all, a great trip!
She was fascinated with all of the statues, but didn't want to be anywhere near them.




The hippo totally did this huge poop right in front of the window. It was gross. Jed said he did a huge volcano one out of the water too. Disgusting! This is why I don't want pets... Hippos, dogs, nothin.

She felt safer with Daddy on the statue, or maybe it was just the turtle.

In case you are wondering, Truman is asleep underneath Annie.

Am I a horrible mom for thinking that was hilarious?

2 comments:

Lindsay Wright said...

Wish I could've been there! Mainly to save Annie from mean, mean Mommy. LOL

Cindy said...

I have the absolutely cutest grandkids EVER!!!!!