Saturday, November 19, 2011

Teaching the Kids about Art

One of my goals this year has been to get Annie and Truman to like museums. So, every week I take the kids to the Bean (Animal) Museum for an hour and/or the BYU MoA for a half hour. I have decided to focus on just a few things to teach them. At the MoA, they have this awesome book exhibit that Annie loves to look at. We are also focusing on learning Carl Bloch's 'Christ at the Pool of Bethesda'. There is a new exhibit that opened this week. We are excited to go on Tuesday and pick out another painting to learn about. I am hoping that if we take it slowly and focus on learning only a few things at one, that Annie and Truman won't get overwhelmed.

Annie is also very interested in learning to paint. Since Jed is an amazing painter, I thought he should be the one to do it. It was honestly one of my favorite moments of all time, seeing them at the table, painting together. They looked so adorable. Annie was so happy. It was definitely a moment that made me realize how awesome my life is. We have it so good!

This stack of books weighs as much as 30-40 cars. It is crazy!
Annie wants to take one out of the stack so bad. 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll bet this is the way Picasso started out....Love you all. Dad