Friday, November 12, 2010

Diaper and Heels!

You know you are cute when you can seriously pull off a diaper and heels! Annie's new thing is mix and matching the Princess shoes, that way she can enjoy two at once. 

The other day I painted my toe nails and Annie was enthralled. All day she kept saying, "Mommy's toes are red. Cute Red toes Mommy!" So I painted her toes that day for the first time ever. I put her in the high chair so she couldn't see what I was doing and rub it before it dried. She loves it! She keeps looking at her toes all the time. She hates wearing socks and tights, which works great for this cold weather :)

So ever since we got our car fixed ($1200 later, cough cough), I have been running all kinds of errands. I am just so happy to have a car again. Annie has been my shopping buddy. She loves it and I love it. Truman has been a good boy falling asleep in his car seat too. Anyway, so the other day I had to get some stuff at a party store for Primary. I got Annie a balloon as a present. And of course when we went to Target, we got our usual popcorn and pop. She was the envy of every kid in Target. One little boy saw her and ran back to his Mom, crying that it's not fair that she got popcorn and a balloon. Then I passed this little girl, about 5, who looked at Annie and said 'Why did your son get a balloon?', but it was said like this "Wije YO son get a balloon." She said it in this snotty voice. I said, "Because I bought it for her." I wanted to say, "Because they said she was the cutest girl in Target and gave her one." I don't know if she was talking about Truman, or just calling Annie, my 'son'. She was a really annoying little girl and she wasn't the smartest if she was calling Annie a boy. So that was my vengeful mother moment for the week:)

Last of all, Annie has been singing 'Happy Birthday' to everything lately. She sang 'Happy Birthday to popcorn' the other day. She found an Ariel chapstick (she says 'chackstip') that I bought for her stocking. I said that she couldn't have it because it is for Christmas. So she started singing 'Happy Birthday to Christmas.' I said, "Christmas is Jesus' birthday." So now she sings happy birthday to Jesus all the time. 




Watching Sleeping Beauty, yet again!!!!
It's only 20 minutes long now, so she goes through it quickly.


2 comments:

Cindy said...

Can I just say that Annie is about the cutest, smartest, most creative little peanut around! Love her toenails! And little Truman--what a patient, laid-back little guy.

Lindsay Wright said...

Hilarious! We all have had those vengeful mom moments- "Don't call my kid a boy!" Hee hee. LOVE the heels and painted toe nails. :)