Sunday, January 16, 2011

Potty Power! - Entry Log 4

Potty Power - The 3 Day Potty Training Mission
Captain's Log
Stardate 2 - 16:33

The fact that I am doing day 2's first log entry at almost 17:00 should give some sort of indication of how last night and today have gone. The 3-day method says that you should wake the child an hour after they fall asleep to go to the bathroom. It doesn't say what to do if the child is too tired to pee and just keeps crying that she wants to go back to bed. So, Annie had an accident at 03:00, and then decided to stay up until 04:30. I was so frustrated and so tired! She then woke up at 06:15. Normally we would ignore any cries for attention until 07:00, but in this situation, we came in to help her go potty. She soon realized the cause and affect. She's no dummy.

Church was also a challenge. 'Fancy Nancy got poopies' as Annie said. Then 2 more accidents at home. Yesterday was way better than today, but we are going to keep truggin along. Do or do not, there is no try. Wait, that's the wrong movie.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

i'm inspired by these posts. A couple years down the road, (hopefully sooner than later) you will see this same format on our blog. So, just to make you feel better about Annie's rough day, at church our 4 & 1/2 year old straight up pooped in her underwear and instead of telling us, she denied that it happened. Gabe and I were lost as to what to do bc she vehemently denied it happened. So we suffered through class with the poopy kid. I took a 4 hour nap when I got home because i deserved it.

Brooke Romney said...

Way to go Annie! It's a tough week, but it gets better fast. Hope tonight is better!

Gabe said...

What happened to Stardate 3? I was eagerly awaiting news of this missions conclusion! How can you just leave your readers out to dry like this?