At the beginning of October, Annie, Truman and I went with my mom and Mark on a trip to Arizona. We visited my dad and my 2 sisters and their families. It was so much fun. We went shopping, ate, talked, shopped, played games, went to a museum, shopped some more... You get the picture. It was so much fun. I came home with a whole lot of new clothes and a greater appreciation/sympathy for the people who have to put up with 98 degree weather in October. It was so hot. But it was awesome. I want to go again soon. And after 24 hours in the car with a 1 and 3 year old, that is really saying something.
 |
| The Arizona Natural History Museum. The kids loved it. They were fascinated/petrified by the dinosaurs. |
 |
| Mining for gold the old fashioned style, in your diaper. |
 |
| The boys next to us were so mad that they were in the water. They kept yelling, "You're spreading the gold around. We are trying to get it." So funny. |
 |
| This was a really fun activity room. |
 |
| The kids were such good sports on our trip to the mall. |
 |
| Carousel break at Arizona Mills. Annie was so in love with her older cousins. I wish we could have brought them home with us. Here is little Brookie with Annie. |
 |
| This splash pad was extra refreshing for the kids on this burning hot day. Annie daintily got wet, while Truman plowed right through. Girls and boys sure are different. |
 |
| Annie LOVES Papa and Nanny's house. She is still asking to go back. She talks about feeding the chickens with Papa every time she sees an egg. Those kids had the time of their lives. Annie loved playing a hiding game with the ghosts with Nanny. |
 |
| Lindsay and Eliza, so beautiful. |
 |
| Papa's awesome backyard. |
 |
| I didn't see Annie from the moment we would get up (usually 5:30 to 6 thanks to sleeping in one room and Dad's delightful rooster :) ) until I was forcing her into the car to go somewhere. |
 |
| Two words.... Pure joy! |
It was such an awesome vacation. My family was so hospitable and the kids were in heaven. I love you guys and we miss you so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment